back to the homepage
learn about Ellen Ashley
learn more about gardening
view beautiful images
read the latest blog
get started with us
(1) Identification of what is blooming in the garden. Ideas of what might fit your own landscape and how to plan for color and interest in every season.
(2) Research-based and practical take-home materials (e.g., lists of deer-proof plants, perennials, vegetable planting schedules, soil test kits and more.)
(3) Essential garden tools for the task at hand.
(4) Recommended sources of continuing education: garden magazines, TV, books, Internet & local horticultural events.
(5) Recommended sources for finding the plants, supplies and landscape services you want.
(6) Landscape design ideas and tips.
(7) Q & A time for addressing specific questions in class, as well as later by phone or email.
2020 Courses will be offered for $30 each. Most will last 2 1/2 to 3 hours and will include some time outside in the garden. Class size will be limited to about 15 people to allow for more personal interaction.
Click on the “Contact Ellen” tab on the main menu. Call me at 336-541-5699 or email me email@example.com with your contact information and the dates you prefer to attend. Bring a check or exact cash to class with you.
You are welcome to attend only one or a few classes, but learning to garden is like learning a new language. One class only scratches the surface. There is so much magic to discover! It is no surprise that the students who attended the most classes are the most enthusiastic about what they were learning.
Any personal information you provide me stays with me. I do not post student or client information on facebook, my website or any other electronic media or social site without your written permission. I do not host 3rd party advertisers on my website.
What about weather considerations?
We will have a indoor meeting space where we can stay comfortably warm and dry; however our goal is to be outside in the garden for part of each class. Please plan to dress for the weather. In the event of hurricanes, ice storms or floods, classes may be cancelled and rescheduled. Otherwise, class goes on “rain or shine”.
How do I get the most out of your classes?
I will email course materials prior to each class. You will find it helpful to review these prior to attending and bring a list of questions to class. After class, go home and do something in your own garden! There is nothing more motivating than successfully growing something beautiful or delicious.
Do you make house calls?
I offer on-site garden consulting for $100/hour. We will walk your property together with pen and paper in hand, and within an hour or two, come up with design ideas and a list of favorite plants that fit your personal style. My goal is to leave you inspired and with an executable plan of action.
Do you offer speaking engagements?
Yes. I’m happy to give presentations! Here are some of my most popular topics:
My fee is $150 plus travel expenses.
Gift Certificates are available in any amount. These can be spent on course tuition or onsite garden consulting services.
Physocarpus ‘Diablo’ (Ninebark)